miniSPA2006 session details
Goldfish bowl: Distributed workforcesBernard Horan, Sun Microsystems
Distributed workforces are now more possible than ever. What should we do about it?
This session will educate participants as to the possibilities and perils of employing and / or participating in a distributed work force
Case study: Conservative XP in angerJames Dobson, Accenture
This case study explores the relative merits, or demerits, of an augmented version of XP, known to its creators as Conservative XP.
This session will teach participants:
- how XP practices can be used in large enterprises.
- how tools, such as FitNesse, can be integrated into a methodology to help deliver business value to geographically isolated customers/business analysts.
- how to coach a level 1 team to level 3 performance using intense on-boarding and in-project coaching.
- about techniques that can be use to affect change within an organisation.
Case study: Modelling with ViewsRichard Mitchell, InferData Ltd and Mitchell Horvath Ltd
Rather than break a big model into components, you could present the model as a number of views - the session will present one way to combine several views of a big model.
This session will let participants:
- Learn a way to divide a large modelling problem into parts based on different domain viewpoints
- Gain experience of models having the level of precision needed for MDA
Workshop: Requirements and Architecture Traps and PitfallsChris Cooper-Bland, Independent, and Rob Machin, Concise Group Ltd.
Anti-patterns in project Elaboration and how best practice can avoid them.
Participants will learn how to:
- Spot the rot and share experiences with the group on how best practices have been applied to the requirements and architecture disciplines
- Determine the best way to apply these best practices to avoid common project problems
- Share problems are commonly encountered by participants and how they were solved
Tutorial: The C# Language - From V1.0 to V2.0 and BeyondMike Taulty, Microsoft
Panel: A Good ReadDuncan McGregor, Independent, Richard Care, Octave Associates
An invited panel bring their favourite technical book to an open discussion
This session will help participants expand their library and critical skills.